Aboriginal Financial Counselling Service (ACFS)
ALRM provides financial counselling services to Aboriginal People. Our Financial Counsellors work with, and for, Aboriginal people facing financial hardship. Aboriginal Financial Counselling Service (AFCS) has a team of highly qualified financial counsellors, who are more than willing to assist you with your financial needs.
AFCS offers counselling, sources financial assistance, and acts as Advocate. It also provides information on a range of financial areas such as budgeting, housing, Centrelink issues, superannuation in addition to giving financial advice.
You can also receive training on matters relevant to manage their finances. AFCS will enable you to make good financial decisions by providing you with relevant information and access to resources.
AFCS IS A FREE & CONFIDENTIAL SERVICE
AFCS offer the following services:
- Advocate and act for you in financial matters,
- Agency/Service Provider Referrals,
- Dental & Ambulance Waivers (Indigenous),
- Arrange payment plans including Centrelink deductions,
- Budgeting to Manage your Income,
- Centrelink Entitlements, Benefits and Concession Rights,
- Credit and Consumer Rights,
- Difficulties caused by financial problems, e.g. lack of food,
- Discussing debt and credit difficulties and options,
- Funding applications (e.g. Wyatt and No Interest Loan Scheme),
- Housing Trust Support Letter,
- Low Income Support Presentation, and
- Superannuation queries.
Contact ALRM on (08) 8113 3777 or Freecall 1800 643 222 and arrange to speak to one of our Financial Counsellors.
AFCS in Port Augusta
AFCS provides financial counselling services to Aboriginal People around the Port Augusta, Davenport Community, Port Pirie, Whyalla and in the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Land regions.
Our Financial Counsellors work with, and for, Aboriginal people facing financial hardship.
Our service offers counselling, sources financial assistance, and acts as Advocate. It also provides information on a range of financial areas such as budgeting, housing, Centerlink issues, superannuation in addition to giving financial advice.
As well as providing ALRM with an update on important issues facing our community in Port Augusta, Davenport Community, Port Pirie, Whyalla and in the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Land regions.
The Port Augusta Financial counsellor also:
- Provides financial counselling services and basic consumer advice to the Aboriginal community.
Develop networks with Aboriginal communities.
- Gathers information about specific and systematic financial services issues facing Aboriginal people and where appropriate directing them to ASIC, ACCC or Ombudsman. False or misleading conduct in the sale of mobile phones.
- Develops training materials, provides training and works with communities to educate the community on consumer rights, financial issues and accessing banking services. Eg. Training on how to use an ATM and internet banking.
- Provides basic assistance and advice on corporate governance in communities.
- Provides other financial counselling services, as directed.
Contact ALRM on (08) 8113 3788 and arrange to make an appointment with our Financial Counsellor or visit the ALRM office at 12 Church Street, Port Augusta SA.