Thank you for your interest in working with ALRM.
If there are no suitable openings below, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking for enthusiastic volunteers, including law students. If you are looking for volunteering opportunities, please email email@example.com
Aboriginal Community Board Members Wanted
The Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement Inc. is currently seeking applications to fill 3 positions as Board Members from August 2018.
Applications are invited from Aboriginal persons who reside in South Australia with knowledge and expertise in Law & Justice and, Human Rights.
All applications for membership of the Board must address the following criteria:
- A statement that the applicant is not precluded from membership of the Board because of prior convictions or being a bankrupt person.
- A statement about residence during appointment
- Two referee statements
- A statement about formal qualifications
- A statement that the applicant is not an employee of ALRM
- A statement about other organizational board duties and any potential conflicts of interest that may arise for an applicant.
- A statement about the applicant’s knowledge and experience of Board membership for an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service (ATSILS)
In addition the Board Appointment Committee would like to know about your knowledge and/or experience in any two of the following areas.
Criminal law; Civil and Family Law; Courts Administration
Youth Justice; Business Administration; Governance;
Delivery of legal services to the Aboriginal people of South Australia;
Associations Incorporation Act 1985
You can find the ALRM constitution at www.alrm.org.au
Please submit your applications to Rosemary.Pridmore@lawsocietysa.asn.au
ALRM Board Appointment Committee
c/o Rosemary Pridmore
GPO Box 2066, Adelaide SA 5001
Closing date for applications is 9.00am Monday the 20th August 2018