Thank you for your interest in working with ALRM.
VACANCY – COMMUNITY LEGAL EDUCATION OFFICER
Aboriginal Legal Rights Movements (ALRM) was established in 1973 and work for the advancement and protection of legal, cultural, political and social rights of Aboriginal people and communities in South Australia.
ALRM has an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to become part of their team in the role of Community Legal Education Officer (CLE). The role of the CLE Officer is to provide our community with information and knowledge around current Laws in South Australia and how they affect Aboriginal people. The ALRM CLE Program plays an important role in engaging, educating and informing the Aboriginal community about their legal rights and responsibilities, and services ALRM is funded to provide.
The CLE Officer is primarily responsible for:
- Engaging with Aboriginal communities
- Co-ordinating ALRM Community Events.
- Development, management and distribution of ALRM promotional and educational material
- Implementing ALRM communication strategy
- Networking with service providers and other organisations.
- Producing a quarterly newsletter, annual report and any other publications as directed.
- Research and submission writing
- Assist in the application of funding grants to enable the carrying out of CLE functions.
- Developing and delivering CLE programs and presentations to community and wider sector
- Acting as a lobbyist, and where able, assists with support programs that are aimed at addressing some of the issues known to contribute to Aboriginal people coming into contact with the Justice System.
The applicant must have a current DCSI Working With Children Clearance.
This is a short term contract until September 2019 and is offered at 0.6fte.
Please contact Director Aboriginal Services Melissa Clarke MelissaC@alrm.org.au for a copy of the Job Person Specification or any enquiries about the position on 81133777.
Please submit a one page Cover Letter and Resume to NikkiA@alrm.org.au by COB Wednesday 13 February.
VACANCY : SOLICITOR
Aboriginal Legal Rights Movements (ALRM) was established in 1973 and work for the advancement and protection of legal, cultural, political and social rights of Aboriginal people and communities in South Australia from offices in Adelaide and Regional Offices in Ceduna, Port Augusta and Port Lincoln.
A vacancy exists for a Solicitor at our Port Lincoln office that provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to become part of our ALRM team. Aboriginal persons are encouraged to apply.
Please submit current CV and one page cover letter to email@example.com by close of business Friday 15th February 2019.
Solicitor – Port Lincoln
ALRM is seeking applications from experienced Solicitors to fill the position based in Port Lincoln with the role ideally servicing the spectrum of Criminal Defence and Civil matters.
Full position descriptions and selection criteria – see PDF below
- An unrestricted SA Practising Certificate with greater than two (2) years post-admission experience
- SA Drivers Licence
- Working with Children DCSI clearance
Salary range: $61,773 to $66,167 per annum plus superannuation (with access to Salary Sacrifice benefits)
If there are no suitable openings below, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking for enthusiastic volunteers, including law students. If you are looking for volunteering opportunities, please email email@example.com